Thursday, May 7, 2009

Share the love!

One of the many things I love about living in Portland is all the independently owned restaurants and businesses. We live in NE and it is a mecca of mom and pop shops. It actually took me a minute to get used to when we moved here from Beaverton (the burbs). I love trying new restaurants that you can't find in any town, I love the unique goods that the shops have on Alberta/Fremont/Williams/Mississippi/etc, I love how personal the shop owners are, and I love supporting the community I live in.

Today I was visiting Ink and Peat, which I have blogged about before, to pick up some fabulous Mothers Day gifts. If you haven't visited that cute block of shops and eats you really should. Anyway, this sign caught my eye when I walked in the door:



What are the independent shops in your area you'd hate to live without? For me a few faves are Ink and Peat, The Arrangement, Bolt, Green Dog Pet Supply, Aqui Restaurant, Cafe Destino, and Isabel.
*** New post below ***

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love, love, love it! I am posting this on my blog tomorrow! So good!

Farmer's markets are starting now...the perfect opportunity to buy fresh, local produce!