Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Spirit

The day we got home from SF, the weather was beautiful. So we figured we better hit the tree farm while the gettin' was good. It is tradition in my family that we all go together, spike our hot cocoa's, dress the kids in warm clothes and chop down our trees. This year, since we were in the sky flying home we missed it with the family. But, my sister and her kids and my parents still met us out for the festivities.




D immediately found a "tick" that he wanted to play with, never knew he was interested but apparently he is a boy :) Brandon was on a mission, when normally he just goes with the flow....so he trekked all over the fields and couldn't find one. I had marked the first tree I found with a bunch of sticks, and so we went back and got that one.

Lets just say its a charlie brown tree, the trunk was totally crooked, the top isn't straight...but Ohh well. We chopped it down and away we went.





I hadn't planned on it, but we decorated the house that night and both trees...both you say?

Yes, I have a tree confession.....this:



Its my Barbie tree! All the ornaments are Barbie ornaments. My mother started a collection of these from Hallmark years ago. Fun!


Here is our tree all finished, can't even tell its whacked!




It feels great to have all the decorations up, if you haven't already hopefully these pics will put you in the Holiday Spirit.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Great pics Megs! The tree looks beautiful and I love that you keep rockin' the barbie tree! I am going to have a pooh one...not quite as cool as barbie;)

Tami said...

I love the Barbie tree! I actually knew someone else with a Barbie tree! That's so funny! ...and I thought I had seen the one and only Barbie tree in Hawaii!

ENDub said...

Megs, you trees are awesome! I love both of them. Did you just get ribbon from a craft store for the non-barbie tree? I'd like to do that this year. The Elf Yourself...I thought it was hilarious b/c I wasn't phased by your head bopping around on an elf body. I've seen you do those moves so many times over our danceteam years that it just looked completely natural! Now Davis and the dog on the other hand....I loved it all.
Eryn

christyephillips said...

YAY! They are beautiful, Charlie Brown trees are the best, although yours never look like Charlie Brown's! Too crafty!

Gigi's Thimble said...

Oh! Now I totally remember that you use to collect barbies. That is so great to have a barbie tree. So different!

Ryan and I were just talking about Christmas Tree Farms the other night. I suddently just said, sometime we need to take the kids to get a real tree. They got to know what that experience is like. I've never seen/been to one since I've been in Utah. But, I have great memories of doing that in Washington. I would love to have a real tree, but I just tell myself we are a "green" tree household, but it's mostly because we don't want to pay the cost of having a real one every year:) We're cheapo's I guess. I'm envious of your real tree. Enjoy!