I made a surprisingly easy recipe last night and thought I would share.
Beef Bolognese with Soft Polenta
Ingredients:
Brown in 1 T Olive Oil:
1 lb ground chuck
1/2 lb italian sausage, crumbled
Add and Saute:
1/2 cup onions, minced
1/2 cup carrots, grated
1/2 cup celery, grated
3 T tomato paste
1 T garlic (I omitted because my sausage had tons of garlic in it)
1 Bay leaf
Deglaze and reduce; stir in:
1 cup dry red wine
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5oz)
1 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper
Directions:
Brown ground beef and sausage in oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add onions, carrots, celery, tomato paste, garlic and bay leaf. Saute until onions soften, about 5 minutes. Deglaze pan with wine; bring to a boil and simmer until almost evaporated. Stir in tomatoes and cream, simmer over medium heat 15-20min. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over polenta (recipe below).
Creamy Polenta- here is the original recipe, I modified it.
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups whole milk
1 t kosher salt
1/2 t black pepper
1 cup yellow cornmeal or polenta cornmeal
1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled
1/2 cup parm, grated
2 T olive oil
Directions:
bring broth, milk, salt and pepper to a boil. Whisk in cornmeal, reduce heat to low and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses and oil.
Dotties Version:
1 package (the round one) of original polenta that is already cooked
heat this in microwave until warm. Mix in small amounts of milk and chicken broth until you get a mixture similar to mashed potatoes. Then crumble in goat cheese, pepper and Parmesan. YUM!
I wish I had taken a picture of it, and I can't find a pic online...but trust me its tasty and pretty.
Enjoy!
1 comment:
Sounds yummy! I've never made polenta. I'll have to try this!
Post a Comment