Sunday, April 25, 2010

Back in time and a recipe

This post is coming to you from sunny, warm Palm Springs.  Its the perfect place to soak in the sun, swim in the pool and catch up on blogs...which its almost been a month.  Record time for me.  Life has been keeping me busy, while I'd love to say I think it will slow down, that would be a lie...summer is coming.  Life never slows down in the summer.

Easter has come and gone, but this was the first year Davis really was able to get into it.  I guess I'm a bad mom, but the EB didn't bring candy.  Instead it brough a Harmonica, Kladescope (sp), books and a few other fun things.
Mouse! (love those books!)
Easter dinner at my parents, who is this kid?! Surely he can't be mine, he looks so grown!
All D's cousins

Had supper club in March at our house.  Was fun to pull out the initialed cloth napkins and set the table nicely, we've decided to do this monthly and I swear this group is too fun.  We laughed all night!

Here is a very tasty and easy recipe to serve for a large crowd.  Don't look past the Arugula, it really ties it all in together!  We paired it with butternut squash soup and salad.

Here it is about to be cooked

I'll be back later this week to recap the trip. 

P.S...I've got two darling aprons to be made by Maria Horner's Little Folks voile fabric, if you haven't seen it, its delightfully soft! I want to keep it and make pillow cases so I can enjoy it while I sleep.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

So excited you are doing a supper club. We started our girls dinner club up here over 3 years ago and still going strong! So much fun to laugh, eat and drink with a great group of gals every month.

ENDub said...

I didn't put candy in my kids' Easter baskets either :). The picture of Davis with the mouse and the one on the fire place are so darn cute. It's amazing how just a picture like that will snap you into the reality that they're not babies anymore. They're big boys.

Gigi's Thimble said...

Megs, I have been thinking about how I haven't heard from you in a while. I thought my google reader dropped you or something!?! Sounds like you've just been busy. I'm glad you're still alive. Your Easter festivities looked fun! I had a dream a while ago that I saw you at your parents house in Vancouver. Weird huh? Well, I just wanted to say "Hi!"

Michelle & Luke said...

The look on his face with that mouse is SO precious! I love it! don't kids make EVERYTHING more fun?