Sunday, August 8, 2010

Big Boy

I put off the transition of Davis moving from crib to a big boy bed for quite some time.  I don't know what it was, but I just wasn't quite ready...not only that but I didn't want to store the crib.  I just wanted to move it right into the new baby's room.

I had been searching everywhere for a good looking bed, and when I say everywhere...I mean everywhere.  I had finally found one on PotteryBarn Teen, but was hoping to find a bit better of a steal.  Our last stop before placing the PB order was Kids Zone in Beaverton.  Much to our suprise they had a great selection and we found his bed for a great price.

The transition went well, no problems...and I have added some side rails to keep him from tumbling off.

When we decorated his room before he was born, I stuck with things that could grow with him...so this was a quick job...add the bed, get some bedding and done!  The nursery for baby girl will be a bit more involved.  Can't wait to tackle that!


We are painting the front room this week!  More pics to come!

5 comments:

Erica said...

Congrats, Davis!!

Aa, A, K & M said...

total big boy! wow. it seems like just yesterday...

Gigi's Thimble said...

Love it Megs. That will definitely work for years to come! I love the prints above the bed. Great job!

jenn said...

It looks great and he looks so big~

christyephillips said...

Super cute! How did you luck out with him not sneaking out of bed at night? :) Your baby girl may have more tricks than your sweet boy! Mine sure did! :)