Sunday, October 19, 2008

Done & Weekend Fun!

The diaper bag is done. It was a fun lil' project if I do say so. I think I'll take this week to regroup and figure out what to work on next. I have some great fabric burning a hole in my cupboard.





Overall it was a fun weekend. Friday night was girls night, wine, a little politics and Sex in the City movie. I didn't finish the whole movie so maybe I'll rent it one night this week while DH is traveling. Saturday was a run and a little speed shopping, I suddenly realize that shopping with little D isn't what it used to be. I feel rushed and shopping while being rushed simply isn't fun. Sunday was relaxing and a nice dinner with friends.


I realize this blog is supposed to be about "Sitting Still" and it is, although I realize I can do more of that. But...these are too fun not to share :)

First time on the big kids slide alone

Ok you caught me...this was from last weekend :) No Duck game this week.

This weeks "be a good mommy" duties:

- Not get frustrated when my son wants to do it himself (everything these days)

- Put 1/2 of his toys in a bin to pull out in a few months when he gets bored with what he has.

- Not rush!

Like you needed to know that... hahhaha ok....goood night!

5 comments:

christyephillips said...

I am so impressed! You could sell those diaper bags! I want one, but don't need one, and never will! Good luck with your duties this week, I guess I should make a list too, maybe I would accomplish more...

~kathy said...

You're becoming a sewing pro! I can't believe how many sewing projects you've completed this year. Nicely done! Davis looks so cute enjoying the fall weather at the park.

Gigi's Thimble said...

At least you're making goals! You're inspiring me! I am sure I would be pleased with myself if I felt like I was "accomplishing" more in the Mom department. I am so impressed with your diaper bag. It looks so professional! Love it! You're so awesome!

ENDub said...

Megs, that diaper bag is beautiful! I didn't realize (until I started reading your bag) that you are a sewer. I wish like heck that I was. I have an old machine, but I don't even know how to thread it! It's on my "to do" list. Anyway, absolutely lovely. I look forward to seeing more of your pieces. ~Eryn

Dottie said...

Eryn, I took a sewing class awhile back and fell in love. You should Check out Bolt Fabric Boutique on Alberta or Josephines Dry Goods downtown, they have good classes.